Monday, September 9, 2013

I didn't see Carter today - had to work. I hate that I am not available to go every day, but I haven't won the lottery yet, so I guess I don't have much choice. Courtney and her friend Krystal went today. Carter had lost another ounce, which they thought was because he was expending more energy than they thought he would. So they are going to increase his calorie intake as well as the amount he is eating. They expect in the next couple of days to remove his pick line ( As I understand it, their veins are so fragile that an IV could blow them so they put an IV like in his arm and it runs all the way to his heart to be able to quickly administer needed medication.) The removal would indicate that they do not see the need of emergency medication, which is yet another good sign.
I believe in the next day or two a couple of different therapists are supposed to come see him to check the development, formation and sucking mechanism of his mouth. They were supposed to come today, but the nurse said if your baby is doing really well, he is low on the priority list - more good news.
I am waiting on Courtney and Cole to get back tonight - fixed them supper so they don't have to eat fast food again.
Keep praying!!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment